Jilin Watch Factory was founded in 1958 in Jilin City, as one of the eight original Chinese watch factories founded that year. After a brief early period manufacturing wristwatches, the factory’s primary focus shifted to producing pocket watches. In the 1970s, focus shifted to civilian goods, including pocket watches powered by an oversized version of the Chinese Standard Movement, known as the HJ1A. Later in the decade, wrist watch production resumed and regular sized versions of the standard movement. The factory’s main brand was Meihualu (Sika deer).