Rare & controversial Beijing commemorative watch from the 1989 Tiananmen events.
This watch given to troops by the Communist Party Beijing Committee and Beijing Municipal Government following the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests, It was given to a member of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), and the words inscribed on the watch include “89.6 In Commemoration of Quelling the Rebellion”.
Historical piece in excellent cosmetic and working condition.
- Strap: original vintage Stainless Steel + additional leather strap
- Case diameter: 34mm
- Movement: Beijing watch factory Mechanical 19 Zuan (jewels)
- Manual winding, does not need battery to operate
- Dial: Golden
- Cosmetic condition : please check carefully the product picture. Any question or doubt feel free to contact us
- Good working condition
- Delivered in its reusable metal tin box
All watches are original, when it comes to vintage every single one will be different from the other. Condition is the perfect balance between wear, patina and aging: these define the unique personality of a particular watch and determine its “magic”.
We only select mechanical or automatic watches, never battery operated.
Mechanical watches: For a 24 to 36 hours salute, wind once each day about 20 times. DO NOT over-wind – even such great vintage watch can break under too much pressure. Those watches are NOT waterproof so take heed during the rainy season.